La vía verde del mar… ¡On wheels!
From the Middle Ages and for centuries, the Mediterranean coasts were frequently attacked by Berber corsairs, looting cities and towns and kidnapping thousands of people. The Christian kingdoms, to counter this threat, decided to fortify the coastline with castles, towers, armies …
Along this special route, mounted on our bicycles, we will see several important fortifications and discover some of their secrets. But in the Mediterranean, history and culture are always linked to nature, which has greatly influenced our development as a civilization, including pirates. For this reason we will observe many natural features of the privileged stretch of coast that still lies between Oropesa and Benicàssim but which, in their day, greatly facilitated the Berber raids and turned these bays, coves and cliffs into a dangerous attraction for marine criminals.
Approximate time: 3 hours
Recommended public: from 6 years old
Travel distance: 12 km
Place: Vía Verde del Mar (Benicàssim – Oropesa)
– You must bring appropriate footwear and clothing for the activity, water (1.5 L per person) and something sugary just in case.
– You can come with your own bike or order the rental of bicycles or electric bicycles.
– You must bring equipment for the bike and material to fix it in case it goes bad.
– The ideal season to carry out this activity is from October to June.
– Timetable: 10:00 to 13:00h / 17:30 to 20:30h
***Necessary transportation at the customer’s expense, we can offer it with an additional cost***